GtkText in a GtkNotebook and themes

I have for a long time seen a bug in GtkText or GtkNotebook (or both)

The problem is that when using themes with Background image such as Pixmap
theme it will redraw GtkNotebook very slowly when adding a new GtkText
widget page to the notebook. This happens in all applications who has a
GtkText in Notebooks:

gIDE/gnotepad+/gEdit

Any clue why this is happening and does the Gtk developers already know
this problem? Maybe its a GtkText redraw problem and will be
fixed when GtkText is rewritten?

Greats

MikeH

---
Check out my Linux page at:
http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh

If I'm online you can access my computer (telnet/www/ftp) at:
mikeh.penguinpowered.com