Right justified text in labels

Hi.

I'm trying to have the text inside my labels right justified. The
labels are placed underneath each other in a table. I've tried to
use gtk_label_set_justify(GTK_LABEL(label), GTK_JUSTIFY_RIGHT),
the text still appear at the center of the table cell, even though
I've expanded the label to fill the available space.

As a workaround I've added the label to a hbox using
gtk_box_pack_end() and then add this hbox to the table. This works
just fine, but I'd like to know if it's possible to justify the
text of the label without using the extra box.

Another thing I'd like to do, is to make an entry widget have a
more narrow width than it is given by default. The maximum number
of characters in the entry is 4, so how do I determine a reasonable
width?

--
Lars Haugseth