Re: [gtk-list] gtk on freebsd

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:53:40 +0200 (MET DST), gtk-list@redhat.com (Emmanuel DELOGET) wrote:
> I'm currently updating gtk (from 1.0.6 (!) to 1.2.2) on a freebsd
> 2.2.8 box, and I have some problems. Everything compile well
> (on my linux box without the pthread lib, I had a compile time
> error on some file - I do not remember the name), and install well
> from the following command line :
>
>      ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --datadir=/usr/local/lshare \
>      --infodir=/usr/local/linfo
>
> But when I want to 'configure' compile some third party products that
> uses gtk (such as imlib or the Gimp), they complain and give me these
> error messages :

AFAIK, GIMP 1.0 does not work with GTK+ 1.2.x, so the error message is
quite normal. There seems to be a GIMP version that works with GTK+ 1.2.x.
Imlib however, does work as long as you get the latest and greatest version.

Try to compile the GTK examples in the examples subdir. If that works, the
problem is in GIMP or Imlib, otherwise you can figure out with ldd what's
going wrong.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl