Re: IRIX prob; get/change menu item label prob

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:22:54 -0400, gtk-list@redhat.com (Owen Taylor) wrote:

> Erik Mouw <J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
>> You're using SGI make instead of GNU make. Vendor supplied make utilities
>> can be brain damaged in many funny ways.
>
> Yeah, but we try to support them anyways.

Good idea, but in my opinion it's a waste of time to solve the non-GNU
make problem in the GTK+ project. It should be solved in the automake
package, but I doubt it really will. There are some features in automake
that some vendor supplied make utilities don't have, like the VPATH
feature (do the makefiles in GLIB/GTK support this?). In the mean time, we
can just tell people to use GNU make.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl