Re: [gtk-list] Re: Interfaces

Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:

> On 16 Apr 1999, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
>
> > Precisely. GTK+ is about to have its own implementation of protocols,
> > and ObjC has another one... I suppose the right thing to do will
> > simply be not to wrap it at all.
>
> You're missing the fact that Objective C (unlike Certain Other Languages)
> has internals that can be openly accessed via a standard C API.

I'm not sure it would help much here...

Anyway, as Bertrand and Owen confirmed each in their way, there simply
isn't any point in trying to wrap that part of the GTK+ API when
you're working with an OO language which itself offer the same
features. Just use those features directly instead.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent