Re: [gtk-list] Re: Did I miss a patch announcement?

So otaylor@redhat.com was saying...

> Mike Johnson <mjohnson@patriot.or.credence.com> writes:
>
> > Or do I have a different problem??
> >
> > here is the error:
> > In file included from gdk.c:47:
> > gdkprivate.h:201: parse error before `XIC'
> > gdkprivate.h:201: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
> > gdkprivate.h:204: parse error before `}'
> > gdk.c: In function `gdk_init_check':
> > gdk.c:182: warning: implicit declaration of function `gettimeofday'
> > gdk.c:397: warning: implicit declaration of function `toupper'
> > gdk.c:400: warning: implicit declaration of function
> > `XmbSetWMProperties'
> > gdk.c:403: warning: passing arg 1 of `XFree' from incompatible pointer
> > type
> > *** Error code 1
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gdk.lo'
> >

> > compiling using gcc on sun 4.1.4 OS.
>
> I haven't yet heard of anybody trying to compile GTK+-1.2
> on SunOS, so you probably have some porting work to do.
> (GTK+-1.0 did work on SunOS)
>
> For one thing, you probably need to do:
>
>  ./configure --disable-xim
>
> That should fix the first set of warnings.

I compiled GTK 1.2 on SunOS. Make sure you grab the newest version (1.2.1)
of glib, it has a patch for SunOs. I seem to remember having to disable-xim
to get it to compile (As well as supply a X11R6 directory path). I might
have also had to use --enable-shared=no, but my memory sucks and the machine
I used has since been upgraded to solaris. :)

-Tom