Re: [gtk-list] Re: Interfaces

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:

> the interfaces are meant to follow much the c++ style of signatures,

I'm not quite sure of what you mean by this...

> that is for two given classes class A { int foo (int); } and class B
> { int foo (int); } which both introduce int foo (int); but don't
> inherit from each other, you can magically cast both of them into S,
> where S would be signature S { int foo (int); }.

That's more or less the principle of Java interfaces, I suppose the
definition of A and B specify that they implement interface S.

> of course, this doesn't work as magically with gtk as well

And I wonder how much magic it will take to wrap this in C++ or
ObjC.:-)

Really, you sure you're not taking this "let's do OO in C" thing a bit
too far ?

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent