GDK Graphics examples, tutorials, etc ?

Hi to all,

I'm progressing very nicely with the frontend for my simulations, I'm
able to graw graphs for different values, etc using the GTK drawing area
and some gdk_* functions. Even so, I feel that there's a lot of things (
functions, techniques ) that I still don't know of or don't know how to
use.

Could somebody reference me to some documente, webpage, etc, that
explains and gives some examples of differents ways to use the more
complex/exotics gdk functions ? If none of them exists, I'm thinking to
start looking at the GNOME canvas ( I'll also like to know where there's
some documentation for it ).

Thanks in advance

Hugo

--