Re: [gtk-list] Re: I want to understand

[ Bill Huey writes ]
> With the recent announcement that GTK will have the notion of
> Java Interfaces (a form of multipule inheritance) in the next
> development, release only magnifies the replication of the OO
> facilities by "hand" instead of by "compiler".
>
> This just magnifies the mistake that GTK was not built on top of an
> strong OO language like Java, since more and more OO facilities are
> being built by hand.

or even just more common object-oriented interfaces in C.
There should be more "inheritance" from GtkWidget 'class'

For example, why are there SEPARATE

gtk_OBJECTNAME_enter
gtk_OBJECTNAME_exit
gtk_OBJECTNAME_get_type
gtk_OBJECTNAME_new

etc calls? This should be common to all GtkWidget objects.

For a specific example, I think there should be more use of something like

 gtk_new(GtkType)

instead of
 gtk_objectspecificname_new()

I do support the notion of keeping gtk in C. I think the idea of
cross-language linking, etc is important. But the API could certainly be
improved.