Re: [gtk-list] Re: I want to understand

Jonathan Mark Brooks wrote:

> I'm just glad that we have an alternative to Motif.  Oh yeah,
> 7) WE NEED A GUI/RAD LIBRARY THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO LICENSE AT $150
> A POP!

Try the VDK and the VDKBuilder:

http://www.guest.net/homepages/mmotta/VDKHome/index.htm
http://www.guest.net/homepages/mmotta/VDKHome/vdkbuilder.htm

VDKBuilder's goal is to be similar with Borland C++ Builder, which, if
you try it, you have to admit is a nice piece of software. VDK was
designed with this idea in mind and therefore has the nuts and bolts
that lets you develop a RAD over it. And even without the RAD tool,
working in C++ and with VDK makes me a lot more happy than I was when
using plain GTK+. And this because C++ can do a lot of stuff behind the
scene after you told it how.

Ionutz

PS: debian packages are available in potato distribution. rpm ones can
also be constructed from these packages, so feel free to try it (at no
cost I would say). rpm from potato are glibc 2.1, but the glibc 2.0 deb
files are still on my site at:

http://borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/~borco/vdk/download/vdk/0.6.0/glibc2.0/

They are also suited for users of slink debian (which still use glibc
2.0)