Re: [gtk-list] GLib 1.2.0 installation question

OK, a few things here: I'm assuming that it's possible to compile and
run Glib/Gtk stuff without pthreads ... I believe the PATH thing you are
referring to is LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which specifies where to find
libraries). What you want to do is this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This will add /usr/local/lib to your library search path ... generally
speaking PATH is for executables, LD_LIBRARY_PATH for
libraries ... as such your PATH should not contain anything
such as /usr/lib and your LD_LIBRARY_PATH should not
contain anything such as /usr/bin ...

Judging from your mail, I'd say you'll find that compiling
gnome from scratch is not quite a simple as you might
think it is ... you might find installing binary RPMs easier ...

-->R

Rick Tortorella <RTORTORE@mobius.com> on 04/07/99 03:18:23 PM

Please respond to gtk-list@redhat.com