creating pixmap from xpm with null window..

I'm getting a warning when executing (not a compile time warning) an app
that is virtually cut&pasted out of gtk example code. I'm using a pixmap
defined in my code, and pixmap_create_from_xpm_d is giving:

** WARNING **: Creating pixmap from xpm with NULL window and colormap

..which I'd really like to get rid of if anyone knows how ;)

Also, can anyone point me in a direction for figuring out how pixmap masks
work?

--
Adam Moore