[Q] Using idle() with gtkmm

Hiya

I recently to around to recompiling an old project with a newer version
of gtkmm.

Previously I used to following code to safely destroy pop-up requesters:

  (Gtk_Main::instance())->idle_add((GtkFunction) &my_delete_obj, this);

my_delete_obj() is a static member which deletes the object to by
'this'.

Since gtkmm has now replaced idle_add() with an idle() signal, how can
I achieve the same result as the above code?  I relied on being
able to pass a 'this' pointer as an argument, but I can't see how I can
do this using the new idle() signal.

Any suggestions?  A better way to destroy pop-up windows would be
welcome
too <grin>

C-YA
Jon