Re: [gtk-list] gtk & openGL

>         I'm looking for other people who have combined gtk with OpenGL using
> the gtkGL widget (by Aosasa Sigeru).  The basics are working, but am having
> plenty of problems (can't get a double buffered display, etc). I'm under IRIX
> (i know, IRIX.... eeesssssh). If you have a couple of spare cycles please drop
> me a line - been fighting with this for a while.

May be you should try gtkglarea instead - I use it under several OpenGL
implementation (also on IRIX) without any problems.

		  http://www.student.oulu.fi/~jlof/gtkglarea/

Dan

ps: I hope that you do not be angry that instead of advice how to fight with
gtkGL I recommended you another widget. But I tried several GL widgets and
only gtkglarea was without problems.

pps: Possible problem of gtkGL on SGI. SGI Xserver has more than one visual -=>
you should get ID of visual which you selected by glXChooseVisual and than set
this visual for your widget with gtk_.*push_visual gtk_.*push_colormap (due to
lack of time I can not include proper documentation here).