Question/Suggestion for gdk

I note that gdk 1.1.1 adds a way to get the height of a string using
XTextExtents().  Is there a way to get this information using 1.0.5?

Also, if one wants both the height and width, one needs to call both
functions, which means gdk makes two calls to XTextExtents().  Should
there be a function which does just one?

Brandon
--
 Brandon Long         "Its much more fun to be sand than oil in the
 MD6 Crash Test Dummy         machinery of life."