Re: [gtk-list] Re: /usr/lib/glib/include and /usr/lib/Gtk--/include

On 09/17/98 Elliot Lee uttered the following other thing:
> On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> >    But the answer is wrong. /usr/include already has architecture dependent
> >    stuff, so the motivation to move glibconfig.h is bogus.
> >
> > Mistaken, maybe...
>
> I haven't seen a system on which /usr/include does not have OS- and
> architecture- dependant files.

Ah, mayhap, but perhaps I install gtk in /usr/local/, and I share
/usr/local (via nfs) with multiple systems.  Data files which are not
architecture dependent are shared, ones that are are not.

The distinction is fine, and some people do this.

I don't get it, sine in any given installation, the arch-indep files are
usually a great deal smaller, and so the separation is usually not
enough to make it worth the effort, but others have other opinions.

Brandon
--
 Brandon Long          "The difference between death and taxes is death
 MD6 Crash Test Dummy     doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."