Resizing drawing area immediately

Hi

I hope someone can help me on this:

I have a drawing area widget inside a scrolled window widget. If The main
window (or widget) containing the scrolled window is resized, the drawing
area widget also gets resized.

Does anyone know how to prevent this resizing, or more accurately,
override the size parameters widget->allocation.[width,height]?

I currently have a signal handler connected to the configure event of the
drawing area where the size of widget is changed by gtk_drawing_area_size.
But this does not work immediately, only after the widget is redrawn.

Thanks in advance!

Conrad

| Conrad Steenberg                        |
| Caltech, Mail Code 220-47               |
| Pasadena, CA, 91125                     |
| e-mail: conrad@srl.caltech.edu          |
| Tel: (626) 395-2965 Fax: (626) 449-8676 |