Re: CVS GTK Compile Problem

Well, the glib.m4 seems to be the problem, but not because it was located
in /usr/share/aclocal, but because an outdated version was in
/usr/local/share/aclocal.  I've removed this file, exported the
ACLOCAL_FLAGS env var and recompiled both glib and gtk and still to no
luck.  Any other suggestions?  I checked the file /usr/local/share/glib.m4
after I recompiled/installed glib and the header to it reads like this:

# Configure paths for GLIB
# Owen Taylor     97-11-3

and then later on:

  min_glib_version=ifelse([$1], ,0.99.7,$1)

So I assume this to still be the older version.  When I checked glib.m4 in
my glib directory, it had the same lines.  Perhaps someone forgot to
update that file in the CVS?

On 13 Sep 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Marcus Brubaker <spoon@elpaso.net> writes:
>
> > After some further exploration, I have determined that GTK+ is not linking
> > all the libs required to compile testgtk.  If I link gmodule and dl it
> > compiles fine.  I'm not sure where to begin to fix this and if this is a
> > problem on my end or not.
>
> When you run autogen.sh, aclocal is finding the wrong version
> of glib.m4. Most likely, you have an old glib.m4 in /usr/share/aclocal/
> while the new one was installed in /usr/local/share/aclocal/.
>
> [ once you get rid of the old one, you can do
>     export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I/usr/local/share/aclocal"
> ]
>
> Hope this helps,
>                                         Owen

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net

The 5th Dimension: spoon.home.ml.org
Personal Homepage: underdark.home.ml.org
yagIRC:            yagirc.home.ml.org