Re: [gtk-list] Re: Widget user interface comments [GtkEntry]

Jan Gentsch wrote:

> Michael Babcock wrote:
>
> > Here's a list of ways I think Gtk widgets can be improved from a
> > user's point of view.  This is with Gtk 1.0.5.
> > Entry
> > -----
> >
> > Although you can doubleclick to select a word, you can't
> > doubleclick-drag to select multiple words a word at a time.
> >
> > When you have something selected, perhaps pressing the left arrow key
> > should move the cursor to the left of the selection, and the right
> > arrow key to the right of the selection, rather than just moving the
> > previously invisible cursor left or right inside the selection. I'm
> > not sure about this one, but it would be something to try. I vaguely
> > remember Windows doing this but don't have access to a contaminated
> > machine to check.
>
> I like to add to that. There is still missing a overstrike mode for the entry
> and text widget. This is something I find really annoying, as most people do
> when things don't work right away as they expect ;-) . (I am taking care of a
> number of win/os2->linux swappers at work).

I have another tip to the gtk+ developers why not implement focus change if user
press <RETURN> key on an GtkEntry widget.

Im mean if user press RETURN on a Entry widget it shoukld jump to the next
widget in the dialog.

--

http://www.algonet.se/~mikeh
E-mail: mikeh@algonet.se