Re: [gtk-list] Re: announce: yet another gtk+ C++ wrapper (no caps as

Karl Nelson wrote:

> I was only suggesting that be collect demographics on our users inquiring
> what languages they regularly and what they had used already.  Results
> of the number of Vdk users would be meaningless.  However, collecting
> the number of C++ coders who do not use gtk-- might be more interesting.

I agree with this.

> My stated goal is the compete with QT and infighting would be bad.
> Building the strongest widget set that has all of the strengths of
> QT and none of its weaknesses would be my goal for the Gtk--.

And with this, too. Nevertheless, I find VDK more on my taste and in my
style of programming. And for this, I will do my best to help Mario make
a strong widget set from VDK. So let's go back to coding for a while.

> (Lets steer away from comments like this.  Words and accusations like
> "sorting garbage" and "afraid of losing".  They can sound immature and
> lead the flame wars.  So far this thread has stayed well in control
> and on topic.  Lets keep it that way.)
>
> --Karl
Ok. Please excuse me for 'afraid of losing'. I admit that I sometimes
became too fanatic.

Ionutz