[gtk-list] Re: Gnome/GtkCanvas

Hi all

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
[SNIP]
> Imlib).  Then, as the font situation in X sucks so much, we are going
> to do something about that in the context of Gnome (where we can
> dictate more policy than with Gtk) and specifically, in the context of
> the Gnome Canvas (I want to have type1/freetype support as well as
> postscript generation).

Just a quick question specifically about the font rendering and Postscript
generation: how far off do you guess would a minimally working
implementation of these be (weeks, months...).

I'm just curious as I have to decide on how to implement quality text
drawing and printing in a small app. At the moment I'm using GNU
plotutils, but it has some drawbacks.

Conrad