Re: [gtk-list] Problems: Please Help

//Maybe someone out there can help, I've tried almost everything I can
//think of. I had gtk working beautifully for a long while, upgraded to
//gtk+1.1.2 and worked wonderfully also then I don't know what happened. I
//tried to install gnome, couldn't get it to work and got rid of it. Gtk
//then stopped working so ideleted all it's libs out of /usr/local/lib and
//reinstalled(btw all gnome libs are gone). No luck it's not working,
//recompiled reinstalled, unistalled and reinstalled a few times and it
//doesn't work. I can compile programs but when i run them the window
//displays and closes with the error: ** ERROR **: sigserv caught. I know
//it's not the apps since they all worked before gtk went wacky on me. But
//I can't seem to fix this, if anyone could help me I'd really really
//appreciate it since I have alot of gtk programs and most of the programs
//I write for X use Gtk now, thanks in advance.

Did you also uninstall glib? Perhaps the version of glib that comes with gnome
is not compatible with the version of gtk+ that you're trying to use...

Good luck,

Johannes.
--
There are many key insights for survival. This is one of them.

Gathering Magician in a Magic-less world?