Re: GTK eval: internationalization and drag/drop

Kenneth Albanowski <kjahds@kjahds.com> writes:

> On 27 Oct 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > There is a "drag_leave" signal. The "drag_motion" signal doubles
> > as a "drag_enter" - the first time you get it, it is an
> > enter.
>
> Ah, that's why I didn't spot it. Sounds a little clumsy, but as long as it
> works.

It's done this way because a widget can have multiple drop
zones internal to it, and the drop zones might not be
the entire widget - whether the drop is inside the widget
is determined by the boolean return value of "drag_motion" -
so a "drag_enter" separate from a "drag_motion" doesn't really
make sense.

(If you specify GTK_DRAG_DEFAULT_MOTION then the drop zone corresponds
to the widget, then the drop zone is the entire widget, and GTK+
handles the return value for you, but it doesn't have to be that
simple)

Regards,
                                        Owen