Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK eval: internationalization and drag/drop

On 27 Oct 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:

> There is a "drag_leave" signal. The "drag_motion" signal doubles
> as a "drag_enter" - the first time you get it, it is an
> enter.

Ah, that's why I didn't spot it. Sounds a little clumsy, but as long as it
works.

> That's the default behavior for the new GTK+ DND - drop targets
> are highlighted with a frame as the mouse moves over them - not
> aqua, currently, though...

Excellent -- even if it isn't aqua. :-)

I might as well mention that one of my pet goals for Gtk is making just
about _everything_ drop receptive. That means list entries, the spaces
between list entries, menus, the right side of menus (so you can drop a
submenu on a menu), etc. Nearly GUI programmer ends up rewriting the
classic "rearrange a list/tree by dragging the items" from scratch, and it
would be nice to let the toolkit support it natively.