Re: [gtk-list] Re: Error compiling gtk under Irix 6.3

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 09:41:50AM +0100, Erik Mouw wrote:

> Upgrade to gcc 2.8.1 or the latest stable egcs. If you want to compile gcc
> 2.8.1 yourself, please follow the compilation instructions that I made
> (together with SGI's Ariel Faigon):
>
>   http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/gcc/
>
> I think you can use the same instructions to build egcs, but I never tried
> it (gcc 2.8.1 works for me), YMMV. You do need the IRIX linker and
> assembler for gcc 2.8.1, but you can get them for free from SGI (you don't
> need the IDO CD). Details are on my instructions page.
>
> If you don't want to compile gcc 2.8.1 yourself, there is a gcc 2.8.1
> package available on Ariel Faigon's site. The package is in inst format
> (.tardist) and installs in /usr/freeware:
>
>   http://reality.sgi.com/ariel/freeware/#gcc
>
> Note that the IRIX linker and assembler are not included in this package,
> so you still have to get them from SGI.
>
> Using gcc 2.8.1, I've succesfully build gtk-1.0.6 on an IRIX 6.3 system.

I recommend building EGCS using Ariel's instructions for building 2.8.1.

It worked pretty much fine for me.

I'm running the latest CVS Gimp+Glib+Gtk etc.. compiled with EGCS

Ian

--
Ian McKellar           imckellar@harvestroad.com.au
Web Author / Programmer      Phone: +61 8 9389 6200

Tell me do you really know your brother man
Cause a heart speaks louder than a colour can
And why would you even shake a man's hand
If you're not going to help him stand
                            -- Ben Harper (Jah Work)

PGP signature