Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK eval: internationalization and drag/drop

Hello,

> > I am evaluating GTK for use in an upcoming project.
> > I have two questions that I could not find answers to
> > in the FAQ or archives:
> >
> > 1. Does GTK support international character display
> >    and input? For example, can the GTK text field
> >    accept multibyte Kanji input? Can resource files
> >    use multibyte strings?
>
> yes, but not 100% yet.  We're following this pretty closely here at
> Pacific HiTech, since we do a lot of Japanese stuff.

There are a couple of patches out for wide character support which
seem to work well. I am currently writing a small app which uses
EUC in text widgets, lists, trees and all as input and output.

> > 2. Does GTK provide an API for drag and drop? For
> >    example could I drag a button from one container
> >    to another?
>
> there is a DnD API but I'll be hornswaggled if I can find any examples or
> documentation on how to use it.  Anyone have any pointers/example code for
> me/us ?

Take a look at gtk+-1.x.x/gtk/testgtk.c in the source tree, it has a
comprehensive demo on DnD.

Pete