Deallocating/changing colors

Hi,

I have a variable "color" which is a pointer to a GTK Color. I want to
change the red green and blue values of color regularly. Is there any
function to do this, or is there a way to deallocate the memory used by
the color so I can just make a new color?
I have a program which used 2 For loops and in eery pass of the inner loop
it changes the color, and every time it completes a loop the program slows
down even further. I presume this is due to having so many colors, so I
really to need to either change the color, or scrap the old one and make
a new one as explained above.

Thanks for your help!

David Cunningham