GtkText widget

  Hi,

  I am the author of AMCL, a mud client I've written in GTK. One thing that
I've found is that GtkText widget is rather slow when I encounter ansi with a
lot of color changes, i.e, I print 1 char a lot of times..

  One way to do would probably be to use gtk_text_freeze/gtk_text_thaw, but is
there any other options? Or maybe is the GtkText widget going to be rewritten
soon in the future?

---
Robin Ericsson
lobbin@lobbin.ml.org            http://lobbin.ml.org/

... though his invention worked superbly -- his theory was a crock of sewage
from beginning to end.
                -- Vernor Vinge, "The Peace War"