Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk_init wierdness

At 09:18 AM 23/10/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, the problem is fixed now.  Just to be complete, I compiled with -Wall,
>and it gave no problems.  I never did try stepping through with a debugger,
>because I don't really know how to use gdb.  When I have a bug, I usually
just
>sprinkle liberally with printf's. :)

I have never spent much time trying to figure out how to use gdb. I have
found DDD (The Data Display Debugger). I suppose its easiest to say that
its a graphical front end to gdb (and two other) debuggers. It provides
source level debugging and display of variables.

For more information about this program, go to:
	http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/ddd/

I have found this debugger to be more than good enough to help me track
down the odd bug in a couple of programs. I have lately been using it to
assist in finding and fixing something relating to GIMPs splash screen.

Cheers!

Internet:kcozens at interlog.com   |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
      or:ve3syb at rac.ca          |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Packet:ve3syb@va3bbs.#scon.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite>    |              -Pinkutus & the Borg