off-topic: Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk_init wierdness

"Jason A. Pfeil" wrote:

> I would seriously recommend getting familiar with gdb.  It is a VERY
> powerful debugger, and debuggers can sometimes get you closer to a problem
> than printf()'s.  Gdb has some great online help, but I gave a tutorial on
> debuggers for my CS department a year ago and can make that information
> available to you.  It's in ppt format, but I can cvt it to html if you
> want.  :)  (excuse:  I used ppt because that's what I created the
> slideshow in for display, and I didn't have StarOffice or any other good
> slideshow creator for linux.)
>
> --Jason

alan cox ( http://roadrunner.swansea.uk.linux.org/alan.shtml )uses
magicpoint ( http://www.Mew.org/mgp/ ). you might give it a shot. i
haven't
used it, but he says on his page:
"MagicPoint may not appeal to all, but the approach of writing a text
file in
normal ascii and then feeding it to MagicPoint is precisely how I want
it to
work. It's very hard to do clever editing tricks with only a GUI and
crude cut
and paste functions."

-l