Sprites and Animation

Hi there,

I'm porting a windows app to Linux, Using gtk+/imlib and (later)
gnome. For this application I need to move smoothly some pixmaps
loaded by imlib. What's the best way to do that?
Currently I wrote a little program (heavily based on Rasters imlib
examples), that sets the background pixmap and then (in the
event-loop) I set the background-pixmap again, clear the window
and paste the sprite with gdk_imlib_paste_image. It's flickering
like hell and the processor load goes to 100%. I'm sure there is a much
better way to do things like that.

    Jan