gtk_text problems...

OK, I have a gtk_text widget, into which I'm loading data.  However, no
matter what I do, when it shows up it's always displaying the very LAST
page of the contents (ie, the scrollbar's all the way at the bottom).  I
want it to start at the top.  How?  gtk_text_set_point is completely
ignored, it seems.. basically, I'm doing things in this order:

gtk_text_new
gtk_text_set_editable (TRUE)
gtk_text_set_word_wrap (TRUE)
gtk_table_attach (attach gtk_text to my packing table)
gtk_vscrollbar_new(GTK_TEXT(textwidget)->vadj)
gtk_table_attach (attach scrollbar to packing table)
gtk_widget_show(scrollbar)
gtk_widget_realize(textbox)
.. insert text from file ..
gtk_text_set_point( to 0, and I've also tried 1 and GTK_POS_TOP)
gtk_text_set_editable (FALSE)
gtk_widget_show(textbox)
gtk_widget_show(packing table)

Is this correct?  Why won't it default to the top of the textbox..?

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@turbolinux.com>
               <sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)