Re: [gtk-list] Re: themes-2 branch

On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 04:59:19AM +0200, Child wrote:
> In the Year of the lord jon (jon@snoopy.net) said unto us:
> > I've got the gtk+ themes-2 branch built, as well as the gtk-engines
> > branch. My problem is I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell
> > gtk+ to USE a theme. I tried including the gtkrc from the Metal
> > theme from gtk-engines, but it just doesn't work.
> >
> > Tips? Hints?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> You need to stick the gtkrc file in the appripiate dir for the application,
> for example for the gimp you stick it in .gimp/
>
> On another matter, i managed to checkout the themes-2 branch of gtk+ at some
> point in the past, but i cant for the life remember how i did it, so any
> help on how to checkout themes-2 from cvs and which cvs server to use would
> be most appreciated

login to the gnome cvs server, and simply check out gtk+, but tell it
to checkout the themes-2 branch.

cvs -z9 checkout -r themes-2 gtk+

is the way to so it. although, I dont really recommend using it as your
default gtk, since it is still pretty buggy and may result in some applications
breaking. (I cant make gimp work properly using it.)

- Gilad.