Re: events_pending

n Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Pauli Virtanen wrote:

> How can I do this in gtk+.

Connect to key_press_event and button_press_event and whatever else you
care about, and have your callbacks do the right thing. Or connect to
plain event, and then do:

switch (event->type) {
case GDK_BUTTON_PRESS:

break;
/* etc */
}

in your callback.

Havoc

Thanx for the reply.
I use 'entry' in the gtk+ as a message window and I use it in two
separate ways:
a) as plain message window and then in non editable mode.
Here's no problem, although I compute the placement.
b) as a dialog window to get answers. Now I should grab
events to that window until the question is answered.
How is that for (;;) loop realized in the gtk+ and
especially in 'entry' or should I use some other widget.

Yes, I can get signals, that's easy, but that wating loop
I can't figure out.

pauli