Possible bug in gtk+-1.0.6

Hi everyone,

   I've recently installed gtk+ v1.0.6 on a DEC Alpha running Redhat 5.1, and
two applications that I've recently compiled with it are crashing,
including an application that I'm currently trying to develop. Here is the
error message that I get:

** ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

Aborted (core dumped)

   I've gotten this in my own application and with gzilla 0.1.5 with patches
to build with gtk+ 1.0.6. I also have gtk+-1.0.1-3 that came with redhat 5.1
installed in /usr/lib. If I change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have /usr/lib in it
first and run ldd it shows me that now the executables are linked using the
gtk+ libraries in /usr/lib(v1.0.1-3). I can then run the applications without
running into the above error. It looks like something broke between v1.0.1 and
v1.0.6. Has anyone else seen this? Should I post a stack dump from gdb?

Thanks in advance.
Rob.                          | http://www.smart.net/~rmcilhar/
rmcilhar@smart.net            |
rmcilhar@sanctuary.smart.net  | POWERED by LINUX!!!!