Re: [gtk-list] Re: Dumping core on SIGSEGV

On Fri, Oct 16, 1998 at 11:58:44AM -0700, Brandon Long wrote:
> You can recompile gdk/gtk and edit gdk/gdk.c, the line:
> /* If you don't want to use gdk's signal handlers define this */
> /* #define I_NEED_TO_ACTUALLY_DEBUG_MY_PROGRAMS 1 */
>
> Perhaps it would be good to make this set in some other way than a
> compile time option?  Either enable it with --debug or something.
>
> I generally just run my application under gdb when I'm getting a
> segfault, since gdb will grab the app when it happens and you can do a
> backtrace, etc.

This signal handling mechanism doesn't seem appropriate to me.  I
mean, what business does Gtk have with defining these kinds of
handlers?  Shouldn't it be the job of the application to define these
things?  Would it be possible to have this functionality set at
run-time instead of compile-time?

Dave

--
David J. C. Beach <beach@ataman.com>