Re: [gtk-list] Re: style/rcfile question

On 15 Oct 1998, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Scott Stone <sstone@ume.pht.co.jp> writes:
>
> > OK, Is it possible to have two buttons in the same window look different?
> > Ie, if I create a style 'specialbutton1', I can say:
> >
> > widget "specialwindow1.*GtkButton*" style "specialbutton1"
> >
> > and then define my main window as being named 'specialwindow1', and then
> > the buttons look right.  But, can I do something like:
> >
> > widget "specialbutton1" style "specialbutton1"
> >
> > and just name an individual button 'specialbutton1'?  I tried, didn't
> > work.  I tried:
> >
> > widget "specialbutton1.GtkButton" style "specialbutton1"
> >
> > as well, which the tutorial says should work (with a 'confirm this'
> > sidenote).  Didn't work either.  What's the right way?
>
> widget "*.specialbutton1" style "specialbutton1"
>
> (If you also want the style to apply to the label inside the
>  button, you might want:
>
> widget "*.specialbutton1*" style "specialbutton1"
> )
>
> Regards,
>                                         Owen

Thanks!!  I halfway figured this out on my own, but this helps me
significantly.  Long live free software, you can't beat the tech support,
eh?:)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@turbolinux.com>
               <sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)