[gtk-list] OFF-TOPIC (was Re: gtk-- vs. vdk)]

Elliot Lee wrote:
> You're wrong about C being a bad ugly language that is ill-suited, and
> that C++ lets you do things more easily etc. etc. - I have yet to see > a good example.

i agree with Guillame here, these statement are annoying. Always the old
same story: religious or philosophical motivations, no pragmatic or
rational one. I know both C and C++, i don't know Objective C and i
can't say if it is a dead language or not, but as matter of fact
Objective-C code is a little part of the world-spread code.
Good examples of C++ ? It seems that we are confusing the languages with
software, software is good or bad indipendentely on wich language is
used. I know programs written in C++ that are good others ridicoulus,
same apply to C side. Perhaps that most of M$ software, written in C, is
good ?. If i should judge language from M$ software i can say that C is
the worst one. Knowing deeply any language, even COBOL, prevents any
serious and rational position against one or another, simply each
language is oriented to facilitate a programming paradigm. It's our
choice to use one or another: making OOP with C is a big effort, surely
a waste of time and resources, in other hand using C++ as "better C" and
making POP (Procedure Oriented Programming) is a waste ot time too.
Religious or fanatic positions pro or against a language hides the real
problem: we need clever programmers not clever languages.

> -- Elliot

friendly

--
Mario Motta