Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtkstep

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 06:47:42PM -0400, raster@redhat.com wrote:
> On 10 Oct, Gerald Gutierrez scribbled:
> ->  raster@redhat.com wrote:
> ->  >
> ->  > On 10 Oct, Gerald Gutierrez scribbled:
> ->  > ->  Searching for gtkstep in the mailing lists didn't reveal anything though
> ->  > ->  I thought for sure someone would've asked about this.
> ->  > ->
> ->  > ->  Are there any plans to roll gtkstep into gtk ?
> ->  >
> ->  > no.
> ->
> ->  Is there a reason ?
>
> bad non-extensible hack - developers arent interested in that.

To put the same thing in a nicer way:

Work to make GTK+'s look-and-feel themable is well under way and
eventually you will be able to get the NextStep look-and-feel (or
any other) simply by writing a theme.  However, the gtkstep changes
are not helpful for this generalization, than thus can't be used.

If you missed it, here is the theme page:
http://www.labs.redhat.com/themes.shtml

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking