Re: [gtk-list] Re: drawing pixel ??

On 10/10/98 Francisco Cespedes Moreno uttered the following other thing:

> Brandon, to much thanks for your help, and sorry for my English, I'm
> Spanish.
>
> Well, now I can draw pixels, but how can I define his color?
>
> I must do for my University a program who read a pic, and apply to it
> filters. I think that I could do it draw pixel to pixel in a window. But I
> don know how to change this:
> >
> > da = gtk_drawing_area_new ();
> > gtk_drawing_area_size (GTK_DRAWING_AREA (da), 50, 50);
> > gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), da);
> > gtk_realize_widget (da);
> > gdk_draw_point (da->window, da->style->black_gc, 10, 10);
> 				^
> 			 THAT IS THIS
> >
> How can I change this option, because I think that the color, doesn't it?

That is a Graphics Context, which contains various information about how
to draw, including foreground and background color.  You can use the
routine below to allocate a GC for a specific color, or else use the
gdk_color_alloc() function along with the gdk_gc_set_foreground() to
change the graphics context color.  If you do that, I suggest using
gdk_gc_copy() on black_gc and changing the color on the resulting GC.

Brandon

On 09/25/98 Eric Harlow uttered the following other thing:

--
 Brandon Long          "If organized religion is the opium of the masses,
 MD6 Crash Test Dummy   then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the