Re: Scribble-simple

Marc <marc@upr41.univ-rennes1.fr> writes:

> I was just wondering why scribble-simple is crashing with the following
> message
>
> ** ERROR **: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>   serial 209 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0
>
> when I try to maximize it's window.
>
> ( Using Slackware 3.4
>         libc 5.4.44
>         gtk+-1.0.6       )

THis error code indicates the server couldn't allocate
memory requested. For Linux, this almost certainly indicates
that the program requested something ridiculously big.
(Frequently, this happens if a size of -1 by -1, which is
interpreted as 65535 x 65535, is requested.)

I'm not sure why that would be happening here. (Doesn't happen for
me) What do you get if before the line:

  pixmap = gdk_pixmap_new(widget->window,
			  widget->allocation.width,
			  widget->allocation.height,
			  -1);

in scribble-simple.c, you insert:

  g_print("%d %d\n", widget->allocation.width, widget->allocation.height);

Thanks,
                                        Owen