Re: [gtk-list] New apps

Alexey Marinichev wrote:

> Just started learning gtk.  Want to write gtk gui for vim.

  Most certainly a learning experience, but why not spend the
effort in writing a GUI for things that don't have it
(or I haven't heard of it yet...) such as Samba configuration,
/etc/ftp* etc etc etc :-) vim already has a GUI version
named gvim which runs under Athena (sp?) or Motif. Or even
better, invent your own application ;-) that's what I do and
at least in my case gives me more satisfaction.

		Cheers & Good Luck!
				Emilio

PS. For example there is that wonderful wxftp application
    written with GTK, it definitely filled a void.

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands