Re: [gtk-list] adding date/time calculations to glib

On Wed, Oct 07, 1998 at 02:44:20PM -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> I would like to propose that code for doing date and time calculations
> be added to glib.

I've given some thought to this recently, with the addition of
gtkcalendar to gtk.

The best C library I've found for this is from the Perl DateCalc
module.  The author based the Perl code on C code which has a
nice interface, and would be easy to work into glib.  This can
be found in libgnome/lib_date.[ch] (you might want to make sure
this is most current).

One issue with lib_date is it is not internationalized.  That's fixable.
The month_length and day_name variables should be functions.

-Shawn