very confused: "selection_received" signal

I took a look at "21. Managine Selections" from the Gtk tutorial.

>From reading the C code in the tutorial, it appears that the signal,
"selection_received" is supposed to provide a GtkSelectionData
argument to its selection handler.  But when I run this through a
marshaller, it appears to give a GTK_TYPE_BOXED -- and when I call
gtk_type_name on the argument's type, I get "GdkEvent".  Why is this
happening?  What is the correct way to determine that I'm getting a
GtkSelectionData argument?  What's the right way to marshal it?

--
David J. C. Beach <beach@ataman.com>
Ataman Software, Inc.