Re: [gtk-list] Which library to use?

//Hi all!!!

Hi Rodrigo,

//I am developing a library to be used both in Windows and Linux, and now I am
//starting to implement a GUI module, in order to compile the same code in
//both platforms. I was thinking of using Lesstif, but just heard about GTK,
//which seems to be the future standard for GNU/Linux and it looks great
//(better than Lesstif in my opinion). Is this true?
//
//I think I am going to use GTK, but want to be sure of what other people
//think, so please tell me what do you think about.

You should realize that this is a mailing list for gtk+ fanatics. Most (if not
all) people here are likely to be huge fans of gtk+. I'd certainly advise you
to use gtk+ rather than Lesstif, but since I've never worked with either Motif
or Lesstif, this is all based on second-hand opinions. I use gtk+, and am quite
happy with it.

There is someone working on porting gtk+ to Windows, but as far as I know this
is not complete yet, but progressing. Anyone else know more?

//Thanks

Regards,

//Rodrigo

Johannes.

P.S. Please don't post in HTML, stick to plain text _only_. That's one of the
rules of behavior on this mailing list (and many others as well, I imagine).

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

<insert funny description here>