RE: [gtk-list] Re: keyboard support

> i just ask because i don't like apps with no real keyboard support...
> or do you like them?
> gtk would be really cool with a keyboardsupport.

But is it GTK's responsibility to provide this?  X has good keyboard
support in it already (xkb) - why not use that?

don't know if we are talking about the same...
I've never coded with gtk - so if I'm wrong - don't take it too serious :)
But i know if I code for windows... f.e. if i wanna do a menu with the label
"File"
I can write "&File" -> the user can access File with Alt-F
I've just seen that in gimp (a gtk based app - as far as I know) i can't do
that (I've always to click on File to open this menu). I don't know -
perhaps they could code this keyboard support without the gtk... but
wouldn't it be cool if you could do that with gtk.
btw: most of qt apps have this menu-keyboard-support thing - but please - I
don't wanna start a qt - gtk war now :))
if I've missed the point, please tell me

cya
Joel (aka J-freak / Carrots)
http://www.space.ch/scene/carrots/