ANNOUNCE: GtkConsole 0.0.1

Hi,

I'm working on a GTK+ frontend for R, which is an interpreted stats
language.  Since I couldn't find anything suitable to act as a
console for R, I have written GtkConsole.

This is my first real GTK+ programming experience, so I would very
much appreciate any comments and suggestions.

GtkConsole is derived from GtkText, and is designed to act as a
front end for a program that needs to write output and read user
input.  GtkConsole has functions for writing text from a buffer to
the console, enabling input from the console, and reading the
input.  It can also emit signals when characters or lines are
available for reading (sort of like a select).

Thanks to all the people on gtk-list and gtk-app-devel-list for
their help with various questions.

Lyndon

PS: How can I find the start and end of the selected text in a
GtkText widget?  I need to prevent deletions of text outside the
input area in GtkConsole.