Vscrollbar position of CList

Asking again since I got no responses. I am using 1.0.5/6 and
would like to get the current 'value' setting of the CList's
vertical scrollbar. It seems there is no easy portable way
of doing it in 1.0.5 (I see 1.1 has some extras but the
vertical_scroll signal would generate too many for my
application).

Now how do I get the setting of the vscrollbar and then
use the same setting after a clist_clear so that the
scrollbar remains approximately on the same position?

		TIA,
			Emilio
--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands