RE: [gtk-list] GtkList in 1.1.3

A while back I mentioned installing a way to select
which button(s) make the selection in the GtkList
and GtkCList.  I was (and still) using gtk+ 1.0.6.

I was told that in the 1.1.? version that only
the left button is now checked.  I didn't like the
answer, because I believe that the developer of
an application should have the choice of what
button to make selections, since they might
have a reason to do something different.

I can only use the "stable" versions, since I apply
this to tools at work and don't have the time to
debug an application and the tool kit.  I did update
my version of the GtkCList to take a mask that
would set the appropriate buttons to make selections.

I still belive a mask to choose the selection button is
a good idea, and leave the left button as the default.
The toolkit should never limit a developer, only
the applications should apply the limits of its use.

Maybe this can still be done before 1.2.0 :)

Steve

BTW, I'm still very impressed with GTK
And I'm betting it will be the default tool kit
for the future!