Re: [gtk-list] RE: Forcing a widget redraw

On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 12:34:50PM +0100, Martynas Kunigelis wrote:
> mouse (i.e. make it modal with gtk_main_grab_add()). Then after you update
> the progress bar do a simple loop:
>
> /* The function names here are from memory, check gtkmain.h */
> while (gtk_main_events_pending())
>   gtk_main_iteration();
>
> The grab ensures that no input events from other windows are processed and
> the scrollbar should repaint nicely. In addition, you might check if the
> user clicked the "Cancel" button on your dialog (I suppose you put one
> there ;) and cancel the whole operation then.

According to the FAQ, this code will ensure that all events are processed
and that high priority idle functions are run.  Which functions are high
priority?  The FAQ mentions drawing as one; are there any other high
priority functions, and are there any low priority idle functions (ie. is
there anything that *won't* happen inside this code)?

Thanks,
Lyndon